Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ultimate 4x4 Motorhome Conversion


If you don't think this is the coolest motor home EVER, you have issues! Marcus found this rare 6.0 diesel class c, and started planning the build right away. He teamed up with Inland Rovers in CA to install the 4" lift, and they just put the final touches on this unique build. Here's his testimonial:

For many years I have wanted a 4x4 motorhome to bring me to remote, off the beaten path camping spots and travel through heavy snow. I think of snow storms as ideal travel time so I can hit the ski slopes when the snow is fresh! After research online and reading lots of top notch reviews and remarks of U-Joint’s product I decided that’s who I would call when the time came. I looked for about 1 year all over the internet to find the newest diesel powered class C motorhome on an e450 chassis possible. I finally found one that met my criteria about 750 miles away from my home in Southern California. After about 1 week of over the phone negotiations I was on my way to pick up my new rig. The day after I got home, I was locating parts and ordering from Chris at U-Joint. Chris was extremely helpful with all of my questions and guided me through the entire process. I have been very happy with how professional and experienced Chris’ advice has been since the first phone call I placed to him. Since I am not local to U-Joint Off Road’s facilities, I made a decision to have a professional shop highly experienced with off road, fabrication and plain “forging new ground” help me with the project. I wanted to get the entire 4x4 conversion installed very quickly and professionally. One place came to mind, Inland Rovers. They have done lots of work for my Land Rovers in the past and have always impressed me with their honesty, integrity and “will not give up” attitude. As soon as I told Gordon at Inland Rovers about what I wanted to do, he was almost jumping through the phone to grab me and get me down there to start on this epic build. I came through on my end and sourced all the components in record time. Soon enough my rig was down there torn to pieces. The installation process went extremely smooth thanks to Chris’ expert guidance and Gordon’s well stocked shop and extremely knowledgeable staff.
From order to completion I managed to finish the project in 3 weeks! It was a LOT of work and it paid off in a big way. Driving my motorhome around and seeing all the thumbs up, jaw dropping and positive comments every place I travel makes it worth the investment alone! From July 2011 until now March 2012, I have driven it over 12,000 miles and not a single hiccup! I have gone through soft sand, mud, snow and everything in between with confidence.

4XHome Specs:
2005 Forest River Class C 29’
6.0L PowerStroke Diesel
Free flowing exhaust
19.5” Vision Heavy Hauler alloy wheels powder coated black
225/70/19.5 Cooper RM190 Tires
UJOR 4” lift
UJOR trac bar
UJOR Extended brake lines
UJOR Real wheel adapter/spacers
UJOR Steering kit
UJOR Front frame support
UJOR Shock mounts
UJOR Tcase kit
NV271 Transfer Case mated to the 5R110
Custom drive shafts by Reel Driveline
Custom driveline disc parking brake
4.11 Gearing
7.5” Net lift with tires
Re-arched and rebuilt rear springs by Atlas
Billet grille, rear ladder, bumper & misc. parts powder coated black
All windows tinted
All factory stickers/graphics removed and buffed out
Bilstein 5100 series shocks all around
Dual steering stabilizer with Bilstein 5100 shocks


Marcus Richards
Expert Reaction, Inc.

No comments: